Steeped in culture and diversity, Andaman and Nicobar Islands are famous for their beaches fringed with beautiful palm trees. These dotted islands in the Indian ocean is a dream destination for many people as it has numerous things to offer apart from scenic beauty. Therefore, we compile the list of the activities that inspire you to take your next vacation to these splendid islands. Let’s start your journey with Travliv360 to know THE ULTIMATE THINGS TO DO IN ANDAMAN & NICOBAR.
HISTORY & ITS LIFESTYLE
Do you know? How does Andaman get its name? You must be aware of the Hindu God, Hanuman, but Malays know him as Handuman. The Andamanese have diversified into linguistically and culturally distinct territorial groups from the beginning. Therefore, they are engaged in agriculture, forestry, and fishing. Agriculture is the occupation of most of the residents here. The main crops consist of rice, coconuts, betel (areca nuts), fruits, and spices.
FOOD & CULTURE
Since Andaman is a place of diversity and is also known as India in miniature, it is evident in its food, where you can find a variety of cuisines. If you are a gourmet, you will love the different variations of Indian & Continental. People of all ethnicities live here together, and various tribes reside in harmony. The main ethnic groups of the Andaman’s are the Andamanese, Onge, Jarawa, and Sentinelese.
THE BEACHES OF ANDAMAN & NICOBAR
People visit Andaman & Nicobar for its clear crystal beaches. Moreover, it is all hyped up for a reason, the Radhanagar beach is one of the most astounding and the cleanest in Asia. You can also see a riot of colours emerging in the sky. Elephant beach is also one of the most popular destinations in Havelock islands, where you can meet and get friendly with the elephants.
WHAT NOT TO MISS IN ANDAMAN
- THE CELLULAR JAIL TOUR: The jail is a significant part of Indian history, the British constructed this jail in Andaman to keep the prisoner’s hostage. It is surrounded by water in all directions so there is no way of escaping and you could also get a local guide to explain its significance.
- THE CELLULAR JAIL LIGHT & SOUND SHOW: The history of Andaman islands and the cellular jail is portrayed vividly through a light & sound show. Late Om Puri narrates the experiences of the prisoners throughout the struggle for independence. It will send shivers down your spine to experience this live.
- DOLPHIN WATCHING: Dolphin spotting trips are the most famous on your visit to the Andaman & Nicobar. You can enjoy watching dolphins move in packs. If you get lucky, you can stop and pet them too. Dolphin watching is one of the most fun-filled activities you could do there.
ADVENTURE SPORTS IN ANDAMAN & NICOBAR
While your visit there you could do an endless list of activities. Andaman offers you plenty of options for water sports like snorkelling, jet skiing, and a must scuba diving. A swim amongst the coral reefs, and you will get a glimpse of sea life of every possible colour in the spectrum or the creatures you have only seen on television or chatterbox. Moreover, you could go paragliding, or you could walk on the sea bed. You could get on a banana boat, or you could go trekking in the green forest called Madhuvan, where you get to walk through bridges and see wildlife all around you.
THE MUST VISIT ISLANDS IN ANDAMAN & NICOBAR
- NORTH BAY & NEIL ISLAND: If you ever had to decide to visit one of your favourite tourist hotspots. North Bay & Neil Island does not only have adventure sports but also good places to shop everywhere.
- BATARANG ISLAND: It is a hidden gem consisting of Limestone caves. After reaching the cave, you will see crystalline, luminescent limestones all around you shining like diamonds & rubies.
- HAVELOCK ISLAND: The most famous island of the several islands of Andaman. You can stay in any cottage hotel with different rooms for separate parts of your travel companions. The island is famous for its flora and fauna, and you get to go scuba diving with the mouth-watering seafood at Havelock.
- ROSS ISLANDS: An island whose greenery will leave you awestruck with its overgrown root structures. With the green pastures & friendly herds of deer, you will find that the time is less.
- CHIDIYA TAPU: Andaman’s Bird Island is a carpet of rich mangrove forests and home to numerous species of birds. Here you can experience the best sunsets, with the air so fresh beneath the clouds.
HOW IS IT IDEAL FOR VACATION?
A trip to the Andaman Islands would be a surreal experience for anyone who would like to take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life. Moreover, the weather is always pleasant here as the warm temperature and the clear skies would make you feel light-hearted and overwhelming at the same time. The climatic conditions are ideal, which means you could always be on the go. At last, a trip to the Andaman islands is totally worth your money, with its serene and de-stressing environment you will experience a feeling of composure that you don’t have in city life.
Thanks for Reading!!!
Story By: Anoushka Dutta