Goa is one of the famous travel destinations among the young generation. If you are an Indian, you must have heard this line before, Goa Kab Chalna Hai? Every college-going student dreams of this vacation. After the outbreak of the virus, Goa is now completely-safe to travel. But, as always, visitors should take utmost precaution. There are already enough reasons to inspire to explore Goa. Goa might be small in terms of the area, but it is lusciously coated with greenery all around. Apart from that, the atmosphere always refreshes your mood and make tiredness goes away with a cold wind. Goa is the ultimate destination where every tourist ends up travelling. So, Today with Travliv360, let’s check out what makes Goa a popular destination?
REASONS THAT MAKES GOA A POPULAR DESTINATION
- POCKET FRIENDLY: Staying and travelling are cheaper in Goa than in the other states. If you live in nearby states, then road trips can be a great choice and easily accessible. The destination gives you relaxing and chill vibes. Your holiday will be a soothing experience and makes Goa a popular destination. Also, you can find homestays if you travel in a group that will help you save more. If you are travelling alone, hostels are the best way to save money.
- SANDY BEACHES: Anywhere you go, you will end up finding a beach. You can choose your favourite corner to enjoy the scenic view.
- BIKES ON RENT: You can easily hire two-wheeler scooters and explore Goa on your own. Some of the benefits of being a smaller state and also make Goa a popular destination.
- WARM HEART WELCOME: The term Sushegaad can be used to describe the Goans. It means being at leisure. All the Goans appreciate and accept the quality wholeheartedly. They offer importance to a break from their busy schedules. They prefer taking a small nap in the afternoon, but at the same time, they work hard to achieve their goals. The destination gives you relaxing and chill vibes. Your holiday will be a soothing experience, I must say.
THE MUST-TRY FOOD ITEMS IN GOA
Goa has various restaurants and small cafes that tourists always look out for. Every cuisine you desire is available at the eatery whether, Chinese, Arabian or Mexican, and you will get it here. Although, that does not make Goa special because Goan local food makes Goa a popular destination.
- Ross Omelette comprises freshly baked bread or poi and goes well with the chicken xacuti gravy and an omelette. Moreover, diced onions and lime are complementary siders. It is a special snack for the people of Goa where you do not have to spend much on this. It is easily accessible at the small stalls/ gados at the roadside.
- Fish Thali has various dishes served in small containers. It can be rice, fish curry, fried fish, some vegetables, dried fish kismoor, and ample of other delicious things. You can say it is a perfect platter and gives you a wholesome experience. Moreover, you will have a spiced kokum juice to finish the meal.
- Serra Dura/Sawdust Pudding is a famous dessert present in Goa. This dessert is made up of whipped cream, condensed milk and crushed Marie biscuits. It is hands down the best sweet dish to enjoy in Goa.
- Seafood: As you know, Goa lies along with the coastal areas. If you are a seafood fan, you must surely try different dishes. Few to recommend would be the squid batter fry, chonak recheado fry and many more.
- Sorpotel is a unique dish one can try that consists of pork meat.
These are some of the many delicious dishes you must try in Goa. If you are a foodie it will surely inspire you to travel to Goa in 2022.
BEAUTIFUL CULTURE MAKES GOA A POPULAR DESTINATION
Talking about the culture and traditions in Goa, they lead a life with simplicity. People of all religions stay together with harmony and peace. For example, there is a small place where idols of different religious deities are placed together. Goans often use a slang term called PATRAO which can be correlated to boss or sir and used as a mark of respect for one another. However, this concept in Goa is different from all the other states. Here they have motorcycle pilots that function similarly to taxis. The pilot is the term used for this facility. It is a handy option for people to cover shorter distances and saves a lot of time.
PLACES TO VISIT IN GOA
Most tourists visit famous places located in North Goa called Chapora Fort because of the Dil Chahta Hai movie. Similarly, Goa also has not so known places. Moreover, there are amazing things that make Goa a popular destination.
- CAB DE RAMA: It is a beach present in South Goa that provides you with a top view of the scenic beach with a cool breeze to enjoy your evening. It is a tourist spot that inspires people to travel to Goa.
- MUSEUM OF ART: Located at Pilerne, Goa which is an art and culture museum. You can enjoy various forms of abstract art and sculptures made of different materials.
- BEAUTIFUL FOUNTAINS: Fountains are situated in the heart of the state that is Panjim. It has beautifully painted colourful Portuguese style houses. So it is the best place for photography and videos. Most celebrities or even travellers are capturing snapshots here. After the tiring stroll, you can chill at the nearby cute cafes.
WHAT NOT TO MISS IN GOA
Goa is famous for its alcoholic beverages, therefore, we need to mention the drink. A newly opened museum specially dedicated to feni. Feni is a locally produced alcoholic beverage. None the less its richness is intact. ALL ABOUT ALCOHOL is the name where you can learn about the process of how it’s made. You can enjoy the evening in South Goa by kayaking on cola beach, with minimal charges. The architecture and infrastructure of the temple make them fascinating. You can witness it by yourself. Several examples are Mahalsa temple at Mardol, Mallikarjun Temple at Canacona, Chandreshwar Bhootnath Temple at Chandor (You have to climb a lot of steps to reach the temple and also enjoy a beautiful hilly view).
WRAPPING UP THE THINGS
Goa has always been a tourism hub because of the floating casinos. With this increasing demand, numerous adventure sports and other activities are becoming rampant in Goa. Goa is often only famous for its beaches. In conclusion, I must say we can discover more. I hope this short description offer you what makes Goa a popular destination?
Thanks for Reading!!!
Story By: Akanksha Dessai